Christopher L. Whetzel is the founding pastor of Believers Victory Center and a native of Moorefield.
Pastor Chris has a testimony that speaks volumes concerning the restoring power of God. His ministry is fresh and relevant, and for the last several years he has been an encouraging voice to his congregation and region.
Chris is a lifelong resident of Moorefield. In addition to his numerous responsibilities within the church, Pastor Chris also takes an active role in our community. Below are some examples that highlight his community involvement:
- Vice Chairman of the Community Corrections Board of Directors
- Member of the Hardy County School Advisory Council
- Member of the Moorefield Intermediate School Improvement Council
- Chaplain Team Leader for the Pilgrim’s Pride Moorefield Complex
- Selected by the Hardy County Board of Education to be the motivational speaker for the opening day of the 2011-2012 school
year for all staff, teachers, and service personnel
- Recipient of the Whirlwind of Change Award, in recognition of his dedication and efforts to ensure the safety and well being of
Hardy County Children.
- Member of Human Rights Committee for Family Preservation Services
- Guest Speaker for Moorefield Middle School opening day assembly for faculty and students (2003)
- Guest Speaker for the Moorefield High School class of 2005 Baccalaureate Service
- Guest Speaker for the Moorefield High School class of 2008 Baccalaureate Service
- Guest Speaker for 2004 Character Education Week at Moorefield Middle School
- Guest Speaker for Moorefield Elementary School Character Education Program (2007)
- Guest Speaker for 2007 Camp Pinnacle 4-H Camp
- Guest Speaker at the 2008 Children’s Memorial Flag Ceremony Luncheon
- Past President of Moorefield Ministerial Association
- Guest Speaker Moorefield High School Class of 2014 Baccalaureate Service
Pastor Chris is also active outside the community as a regularly invited guest speaker to various churches and organizations in the surrounding states.
Want Chris to Speak at your Event?
Pastor Chris Whetzel lives with a passion for people. His care for the flock in Moorefield, WV is unsurpassed, his sensitivity to the needs of the sinner is unmatched, and his continuing vision for his community is unyielding. Pastor Chris is motivated by the word of Jesus that are indelibly etched deep within his soul; “…..all things are possible to him that believeth.
Pastor Tim Shuttlesworth, Senior Pastor
Calvary Temple – Worthington, WV
I’ve been around the world a few times and I’ve met thousands of pastors. There is just one Chris Whetzel! His love for God and people combines with his brilliant, strategic mind—and what you get is Believers Victory Center, a river of hope flowing generously through the mountains and valleys of West Virginia! Chris is one of the funniest men of this time—seriously, I’m smiling and laughing to myself even while I write out this recommendation! God bless the Whetzel’s, the beautiful leaders and members of BVC, and the many thousands who will find new beginnings and a God-sized dream through the leadership of Pastor Chris Whetzel!
Chuck Balsamo, Senior Pastor
Destiny Family Center – Stuart’s Draft, VA
I met Chris Whetzel about 20 years ago when he was first stepping into ministry. After observing him over that time I am sincerely impressed by the favor God has placed over his life. He reminds me of Joseph in the book of Genesis. Everything I’ve seen under his leadership is vibrant and flourishing. He is a humble man yet a confident leader, and he is gentle yet walks in truth. John Maxwell has defined a leader as one with influence. Considering the description Chris is a leader of leaders. I consider it a privilege to call him my friend.
President, iTHINK School Assemblies – ithinkbig.org
Pastor Chris Whetzel is a man after God’s own heart who has exemplified integrity from the beginning of his ministry. Pastor Chris has dedicated his life to seeing lives changed and passionately embraced the call of God to fulfill the Great Commission. The fruit of the Holy Spirit is evident by the love he has for Jesus, his son Carson, church family, the community of Moorefield, WV and everyone he meets. This Man of God is a true friend and blessing to Pastors, Evangelists and Ministers of the Gospel. Phyllis and I treasure the wonderful friendship we have with Pastor Chris.
Evangelist Gerald Mayhan
Founder, Gerald Mayhan Ministries – Dumfries, VA